See NutriTour Details Below
The Joy of NutriTours
Humanitarian Trips or “Nutri Tours” provide an excellent opportunity to see what Bountiful Children does firsthand. Participants will enjoy:
- Visiting a country where we are serving malnourished children
- Participating in screenings and/or supplement distribution
- Participating in activities and service projects
- Visiting with families and church members
- Visiting beautiful tourist destinations and shopping
- Trying local cuisine
- Anyone aged 8 and older is welcome to participate
Join our Bountiful Children NutriTour Facebook page here!
2024 Nutri Tours
- Customize a trip – We are happy to customize a humanitarian experience around the best dates and destination for your group. Choose from destinations such as The Philippines, Cambodia, Ecuador, Guatemala, etc. Inquire below.
- Ecuador – Join us for a trip to Ecuador Januay 9-16, 2024. Trip highlights include: distributing supplements to the families, a service project and ministering, visiting the Cotopaxi National park, visiting the Quito LDS temple and attending church, visiting an orphanage, etc. Some are extending their trip to go to the Galapogos Islands. Only 8 spots left! Register here.
- Philippines – Are you looking for a life-changing trip? Come with us to the Philippines July 11-18, 2024. Trip highlights include: helping screen children for malnutrition, distributing supplements to the families, a service project and ministering, going to Hundred Islands National Park and enjoying water activities, and visiting the Manila LDS Temple. Register here.
July 12 – Visit the LDS temple in Cebu temple and community service
July 13 – Screenings and distribution of supplements in the Liloan area
July 14 – Attend church and visit Pardo, Talamban, and Oslob
July 15 – Swimming with whale sharks, Tumalog falls, and Sumilon sand bar
July 16 – Travel to Bohol by ferry for a day tour. Visit the Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary, and take a river cruise.
July 17 – Travel back to Cebu, visit the market.
July 18 – Departure
- $1500 + airfare. The price includes lodging, meals, in-country travel, and tourist excursions.
- A $500 deposit is due when registering.
Humanitarian Trip Inquiry
Blog Posts From Recent Nutri Tours
The BYU public health professors just visited Peru to help with malnutrition screenings and to help coordinators prepare to teach the health lessons. At first glance, the health lessons might seem to include information that most people know. Unfortunately, a lot of the information is not readily known in the developing world. The lessons include instruction on topics such as increasing dietary intake, breastfeeding, safe food preparation, clean drinking water, proper hand washing and proper...
We had a very busy but immensely rich immersive experience in Guatemala, screening families in churches and large homes, visiting individual families in their homes; visiting markets, gardens, civic centers; and seeing sites such as Lake Atitlan (including a boat ride across the lake to another town); and driving what seemed like several thousand kilometers. NutriTour ParticipantsA community gathers for screenings and food distributionScreening: Measuring the heightScreening: Measuring the...
View photos here. “I can’t wait to go again. I can’t compare that experience to anything else I have done. It was worth every penny.” In its 12-year history, Bountiful Children, a nonprofit focused on eliminating child malnutrition, has conducted a number of Nutritours. These trips allow participants to serve Bountiful Children communities worldwide and at the same time to experience the history and culture of a distant land and its people. Country coordinators and local volunteers arrange the...
Photos taken during a Nutri Tour to Guatemala