See NutriTour Details Below
The Joy of NutriTours
Humanitarian Trips or “Nutri Tours” provide an excellent opportunity to see what Bountiful Children does firsthand. Participants will enjoy:
- Visiting a country where we are serving malnourished children
- Participating in screenings and/or supplement distribution
- Participating in activities and service projects
- Visiting with families and church members
- Visiting beautiful tourist destinations and shopping
- Trying local cuisine
- Anyone aged 8 and older is welcome to participate
Join our Bountiful Children NutriTour Facebook page here!
2024 Nutri Tours
- Customize a trip – We are happy to customize a humanitarian experience around the best dates and destination for your group. Choose from destinations such as The Philippines, Cambodia, Ecuador, Guatemala, etc. Inquire below.
- Ecuador – Join us for a trip to Ecuador January 9-16, 2024. Trip highlights include: distributing supplements to the families, a service project and ministering, visiting the Cotopaxi National park, visiting the Quito LDS temple and attending church, visiting an orphanage, etc. Some are extending their trip to go to the Galapagos Islands. Only 8 spots left! Register here.January 9 Arrive in Quito, Travel to Otavalo.
Planned Trip Itinerary:
January 10 – Craft fair, Boat ride on the Cuicocha lagoon or hike to the Mojanda mountain
January 11 = Service activity, evaluate and distribute supplements
January 12 – Visit two families, evaluate and distribute supplements
January 13 – Trip to the Cotopaxi mountain or Quito
January 14 – Attend church, evaluation of children in the Calderón stake
January 15 – Service activity, souvenir shopping
January 16 – Departure
- Philippines – Are you looking for a life-changing trip? Come with us to the Philippines July 11-18, 2024. Trip highlights include: helping screen children for malnutrition, distributing supplements to the families, a service project and ministering, going to Hundred Islands National Park and enjoying water activities, and visiting the Manila LDS Temple. Register here.
July 12 – Visit the LDS temple in Cebu temple and community service
July 13 – Screenings and distribution of supplements in the Liloan area
July 14 – Attend church and visit Pardo, Talamban, and Oslob
July 15 – Swimming with whale sharks, Tumalog falls, and Sumilon sand bar
July 16 – Travel to Bohol by ferry for a day tour. Visit the Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Sanctuary, and take a river cruise.
July 17 – Travel back to Cebu, visit the market.
July 18 – Departure
- $1500 + airfare. The price includes lodging, meals, in-country travel, and tourist excursions.
- A $500 deposit is due when registering.
Humanitarian Trip Inquiry
Blog Posts From Recent Nutri Tours
A large group takes a humanitarian trip to Guatemala during Holy Week. The Heatons along with others enjoy visiting Antigua, Lake Atitlan, the Mayan ruins in Tikal and more. With more than 20 people traveling in the NutriTour, the coordinators rented a bus. Included are some photos from their trip...Setting off on our NutriTour busVisiting the Patzicia Community The group helped deliver supplements to the families in the program in Patzicia and taught the mothers to use mid-upper arm...
by Sheela, Rachel, and Kurt Matthia March 5, 2023, Sunday Our red-eye flight from Las Vegas, Nevada to Guatemala City arrived at noon. Our tour guides Gloria and Raul Rosales along with Jorge Pavlo recognized us immediately as we exited the airport’s secure area to the busy airport arrival concourses. Rachel, Kurt and Sheela were all wearing our Bountiful Children’s caps. Gloria was wearing a Bountiful T-shirt and holding a sign that read Bountiful. Their warm greetings assured us that we...
BYU public health professors and students traveled to Ghana to help train new Bountiful coordinators from several African countries and to screen children. Ava, a BYU student shares her experience: "I have been to Ghana before working on another public health project. I can wholeheartedly say those are some of my favorite people in the entire world. I am specifically so impressed with Ghanaian women and their grit and determination to find the best for their families and children's lives....
Photos taken during a Nutri Tour to Guatemala