Ghana population: 31,072,940 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $2,206 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional supplements used:
- Tom Brown, a high fiber blend of flour from maize, soya bean, ground nut and wheat that is prepared as porridge.
- Dano milk powder
- Ready to Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF)
- Peanut butter for protein
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Low height-for-age is known as stunting. It is the result of chronic or recurrent undernutrition, usually associated with poor socioeconomic conditions, poor maternal health and nutrition, frequent illness, and/or inappropriate infant and young child feeding and care in early life. Stunting holds children back from reaching their physical and cognitive potential.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
Mothers from Ghana Share Their Thanks
Our mission is to nurture the potential of infants and toddlers to lead healthy, productive, and self-reliant lives by eliminating malnutrition. 100% of every dollar donated is used to help children in need.