Imbabura and Imabaya
Ecuador population: 17,643,054 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $1,513 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- Cerelac (Multigrain Product)
- Powdered cow’s milk/full-fat soy flour
Fact from UNICEF / WHO / World Bank:
Child Wasting: 45.4 million
In 2020, wasting continued to threaten the lives of an estimated 6.7 per cent or 45.4 million children under 5 globally.
Source: Levels and trends in child malnutrition, 2021
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
Ecuador Gives Thanks (3-video slider)
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.