Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from UNICEF / WHO / World Bank:
Although malnutrition can manifest in multiple ways, the path to prevention is virtually identical: adequate maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy and while breastfeeding; optimal breastfeeding in the first two years of life; nutritious, diverse and safe foods in early childhood; and a healthy environment, including access to basic health, water, hygiene and sanitation services and opportunities for safe physical activity.
Hjiacient (Haya) Almaquer
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased nutritional supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
All donations go toward identifying mothers and children in need, providing food supplements, health lessons, and other services. All donations are welcomed. Recurring monthly donations support community stability.
- $8 = nourish 1 child for a month
- $25 = nourish 3 children for a month
- $100 = nourish 1 child for a year
- $500 = nourish an average community for a month
- $6,000 = nourish a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.