Bountiful Children's Foundation

Expanding Our Reach

Sep 4, 2015 | News and Updates | 0 comments

By Brad Walker, MD and Bountiful Children’s Foundation Chairman of the Board

We are pleased to announce that we have expanded from 120 to 180 stakes in the last 6 months, and are now caring for about 10,000 children (50% LDS) in Africa (10 stakes), Philippines (30 stakes), South America (70 stakes), Central America (60 stakes), Cambodia (9 stakes), and Mongolia (2 stakes). Thank you for your generosity that has allowed this to occur. We started in 2009 with 7 stakes and a budget of $20,000 annually (now $1 million). So many parents and Church leaders have sent their thanks verbally and in letters. So many dreams and promptings have accompanied our work. So many malnourished LDS children and friends have rapidly improved their heights and weights once receiving the necessary calories and vitamins (micronutrients) they were lacking. You have also helped many destitute LDS children attend elementary school that otherwise would have not been able to do so. In most places, our work has been accompanied by reactivation of inactive members and new converts. Still, we are only reaching about 15% of the malnourished LDS children ages 6 and under. We as aboard along with our LDS sister coordinators from all around the globe are planning and praying to reach the remaining 85% in the coming years. We hope and invite you to continue this journey with us to end starvation, hunger and illiteracy for LDS children and friends.


Leave a Reply


Donate Now Feedback
%d bloggers like this: