Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
Adopted Until: January, 2022
- Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Iodine, vitamin A, and iron are the most important [micronutrients] in global public health terms; their deficiency represents a major threat to the health and development of populations worldwide, particularly children and pregnant women in low-income countries.
Josefina is from Bacolod, “The City of Smiles” or the friendly city filled with smiling faces in Western Visayas. It is the capital of the province of Negros Occidental and is the second most populous city in the Visayas after Cebu City. She was sealed for time and all eternity to Jess Eramis in the Philippines Cebu Temple. She started volunteering with the foundation in 2014.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to nurture the potential of infants and toddlers to lead healthy, productive, and self-reliant lives by eliminating malnutrition. 100% of every dollar donated is used to help children in need.