Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
- Number of Children in the Program: 23
Pregnant and Lactating Mothers: 16
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from the World Health Organization:
There are 4 broad sub-forms of undernutrition: wasting, stunting, underweight, and deficiencies in vitamins and minerals. Undernutrition makes children in particular much more vulnerable to disease and death.
Source: WHO Fact Sheets - Malnutrition, 2022
Estela C. Lagno
Estella is a Pharmacist by profession but her heart is in teaching and that is why she took up units in education and pursued her career in teaching. She is now working as a public school teacher. She and her family joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2000. She started volunteering with Bountiful Children’s Aguilar Program in May 2016.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.