Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
- Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Nutritional Supplements Used:
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Iodine, vitamin A, and iron are the most important [micronutrients] in global public health terms; their deficiency represents a major threat to the health and development of populations worldwide, particularly children and pregnant women in low-income countries.
May Anne Gabelo
May Anne Gabelo was born on Nov. 10. She is a first year college student at Divine World College of Legazpi. She graduated her senior high school at Matnog Sorsogon in 2018 with the academic track of ABM. She served as a full-time mission and was assigned to the China, Hong Kong Mission for 7 months. She ended her remaining months in the Philippines Cavite mission. She was called as branch missionary in her branch. She loves baking, editing videos and taking pictures.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased nutritional supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
All donations go toward identifying mothers and children in need, providing food supplements, health lessons, and other services. All donations are welcomed. Recurring monthly donations support community stability.
- $8 = nourish 1 child for a month
- $25 = nourish 3 children for a month
- $100 = nourish 1 child for a year
- $500 = nourish an average community for a month
- $6,000 = nourish a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.