La Carlota 1
Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Children with low weight-for-age are known as underweight. A child who is underweight may be stunted, wasted, or both.
Jiffy is a widow from La Carlota, Negros Occidental. Without children of her own she has adopted all the missionaries that get assigned to the Masville congregation. She works as a barangay secretary. She was born on June 10, 1970. She’s been working as a volunteer for Bountiful Children since 2014.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.