Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Low height-for-age is known as stunting. It is the result of chronic or recurrent undernutrition, usually associated with poor socioeconomic conditions, poor maternal health and nutrition, frequent illness, and/or inappropriate infant and young child feeding and care in early life. Stunting holds children back from reaching their physical and cognitive potential.
Janice was born in Nasugbo, Batangas on February 6, 1985. She is married to Paulo Ramada and they live in Bocacay, Albay. Janice is our volunteer coordinator for our Tabaco 2 program.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased nutritional supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
All donations go toward identifying mothers and children in need, providing food supplements, health lessons, and other services. All donations are welcomed. Recurring monthly donations support community stability.
- $8 = nourish 1 child for a month
- $25 = nourish 3 children for a month
- $100 = nourish 1 child for a year
- $500 = nourish an average community for a month
- $6,000 = nourish a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.