Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
- Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Nutritional Supplements Used:
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Children with low weight-for-age are known as underweight. A child who is underweight may be stunted, wasted, or both.
Source: WHO Fact Sheets - Malnutrition, 2022
Danica is from Bacolod, which is notable for its MassKara Festival. It is known for being a relatively friendly city as it bears the nickname “The City of Smiles.” Danica became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 2011 and has served in various capacities in her local congregation since then. She married Renie Lopez on June 24, 2015 in the Philippines Cebu Temple. She has been volunteering with Bountiful Children since 2015.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.