Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
- Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Nutritional Supplements Used:
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Low weight-for-height is known as wasting. It usually indicates recent and severe weight loss, because a person has not had enough food to eat and/or they have had an infectious disease, such as diarrhoea, which has caused them to lose weight. A young child who is moderately or severely wasted has an increased risk of death, but treatment is possible.
Vivian was born on January 27, 1976. She became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 6, 1986. She is a returned missionary from the Philippines Cagayan de Oro Mission. Vivian was married on October 18, 2003 and now she is a happy full-time housewife and dedicated mother to five adorable kids. She has been a volunteer with Bountiful Children since 2017.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased nutritional supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
All donations go toward identifying mothers and children in need, providing food supplements, health lessons, and other services. All donations are welcomed. Recurring monthly donations support community stability.
- $8 = nourish 1 child for a month
- $25 = nourish 3 children for a month
- $100 = nourish 1 child for a year
- $500 = nourish an average community for a month
- $6,000 = nourish a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.