Philippine’s population: 11,922,995 in 2022
GDP per capita (US$): $3,143 in 2020
Cost to Run Program for 1 Year: $6000
Nutritional Supplements Used:
- 6-12 months – Cerelac
- 13-24 months – Alaska powdered milk
- 25-36 months – peanut butter + MNP (micronutrient powder)
- 37-60 months – MNP (micronutrient powder)
- Pregnant and Lactating Mothers – peanut butter
Fact from the World Health Organization:
Poverty amplifies the risk of, and risks from, malnutrition. People who are poor are more likely to be affected by different forms of malnutrition. Also, malnutrition increases health care costs, reduces productivity, and slows economic growth, which can perpetuate a cycle of poverty and ill-health.
Source: WHO Fact Sheets - Malnutrition, 2022
Heisa is from Bulan, Sorsogon. She is a mother of two beautiful children. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting but pursued a career in social work through child development. She is also a licensed teacher. She’s been a volunteer for the foundation in Bulan 2 since 2017.
Bountiful's Community Coordinators
Community coordinators serve with Bountiful as volunteers. They organize other local volunteers and together conduct screenings, train families, distribute locally-purchased supplements, and follow up on infant development.
Considering A Donation?
100% of your donation goes directly toward helping children in need! Overhead costs are covered by generous board member donations.
- $8 = feeds 1 child for a month
- $25 = feeds 3 children for a month
- $100 = feeds 1 child for a year
- $500 = feeds an average community for a month
- $6,000 = adopts a community of your choice for one year
A 2020 Christmas Thank You from Children of the Philippines
Our mission is to provide nutritional supplementation to malnourished children and pregnant/nursing mothers as well as to teach health and cognitive development skills to families in the areas we serve.